Watchdog panel cites global impact of US bailout Thoughts?

The reminder that so much of our tax dollars went to foreign banks is so disgusting I'm not sure what to say so I'll just put it out here for your thoughts.

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 7:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, it is terrible.............and amazing how people continue to put these same spenders back in office...

The car industry is coming back? At what cost though. Millions of stockholders & pensioners were given the shaft when the bailouts were given. These people were ordinary folks.

There is no way I would invest money in the car industry..not when it is owned by the govt and the unions. I prefer to invest in myself right now...I am a proven winner.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:14 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It happens all the time it is just becoming more public knowledge now. That doesn't make it any more right or less disgusting. It is sad we support other countries more than our own. As well as give them extra money instead of helping our own people excape from poverty.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:45 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• There is no way I would invest money in the car industry..not when it is owned by the govt and the unions. I prefer to invest in myself right now...I am a proven winner.
    Answer by yourspecialkid an hour ago
    *************************
    This is typical Conservative philosophy....its all about "me me me"....who cares what happens to anyone else. Its all "ME".
    I care about what happens to the unemployed in the USA . They are our neighbors and they are the Car manfacturers and dealers' employees ...they lose. They are all over the USA. They might even vote Republican and be conservative,too....heh.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Crazy Jim Cramer (Mad Money) was just on morning Joe talking about how the Auto Bailouts worked and the most exciting place in the economy right now IS the car industry...he said "they are coming back"....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:56 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• The car industry is coming back? At what cost though. Millions of stockholders & pensioners were given the shaft when the bailouts were given. These people were ordinary folks.

Your blaming the bailouts? You do know that when they WENT BELLY UP ever MORE, MILLIONS MORE,..would have lost everything??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• There are millions of people working for the car companies, on the production lines, in the offices, in the dealerships...and THEY would havebeen unemployed if the car companies had gone belly up ... they would have without government help. It is all related....they lose jobs, they don't buy,don't spend mney and then other companies,stores,home builders, etc. go out of business.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• all about "me me me"....who cares what happens to anyone else. Its all "ME".

This is why America is where it is today.

Individuals who mismanage their own finances.

Politicians who only care about maintaining the gravy train

BB who care about lining certain folks pocketbooks.

Union heads see politicians and BB. No body cares what happens to anyone else-unfortunately folks are learning that we're all connected. Look at the housing market (most people's biggest asset) and foreclosure numbers. What happens to your neighbor does affect you. What happens around the world, does affect you.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010