Should I wait?

We have been together for 14 months and he still has not told me he loves me. am I making to much of a big deal out of this??

jdpsmom08

Asked by jdpsmom08 at 8:16 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I've been with SO 4 yrs and he hasn't said it but he isn't the kind who will. Words are not important. What he shows you is.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:18 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Actions speak louder than words, but hopefully you will hear the words eventually. Take it slow. If it is meant to be it will happen.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:20 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Some guys have a hard time with that. My dad has very seldomly said those words to my mom and they hit thei 33rd anniversary and are still going strong. My dad grew up in a home where love wasn't really expressed, so he has a hard tim expressing it verbally, but his actions speak louder than words. Do you feel that he loves you, regardless of whether or not he has actually stated the fact?
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Thank you. I think that is what i needed to hear. because he is the best ans will and does everything for me and my son(that is not his.) thanks again
    jdpsmom08

Comment by jdpsmom08 (original poster) at 8:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Depends on how important that is to you. It would matter a great deal to me because I love hearing that my hubby still loves me after almost 46 years, and he loves hearing it from me, too. While it is true that love is demonstrated, it is also nice to hear the words. At least, it is for me.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:23 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I do feel he does. I have told him I do love him and i think he knows i always have. I asked him if he minded if i told him and he says no he does not mind.

I think this all came about because i have people in my life like my own mother that makes it a point to ask y he doent not say it to me. (her bf said it to her within two weeks and i think she just likes to rub things in.) thats just how she is.
    jdpsmom08

Comment by jdpsmom08 (original poster) at 8:26 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Some people have a hard time saying things...but it's up to you and how important it is to you to hear those words...
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If you really love him, then talk to him. Maybe tell him that you know he loves you by his actions but hearning it sometimes would be nice too. Even if it's a card, a little note he leaves, etc.... My husband doesn't say "I Love You" alot, but he does other things like mentioned all the time.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I personally would find it hard only cause they are words and should be easier to be spoken if true IMO. Since I don't know your relationship then I would say trust your gut with this.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 9:19 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I believe if they feel it,they say it. Sorry hon!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2010