Can she stop her ex from contacting her current DH's ex?

My former brother in law is an alcoholic a$$. He used to beat my sis on a regular basis. Four years ago, I finally took her to get a PFA and I took her to every hearing to make sure she followed thru. She finally found the strength to file for divorce. She has two teenage girls, the youngest one seems to have blocked out every bad thing her dad did--even though he would beat my sis in front of her. My sis has met a wonderful guy (whose ex gives every ex wife a bad name. She is the poster child for people complaining about ex's) and my sis remarried a few months ago.
My sis just found out that her ex has been calling her new hubby's ex wife and telling all sorts of lies about my sis. They did not know each other before and I think that my one niece probably supplied the information on how to get in contact with the her. But is there anything my sis can do to stop this? Talking to him will not help, he is such a jerk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't see how she could stop him from talking with a third party.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't think so.....
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Nope, nothing legally you can do to make him stop, he can talk to whoever he wants to.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:26 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yeah, that's what I was afraid of. The major issue is that her current DH is in a custody battle and the lies my sis's ex are spewing to her current DH's ex are being brought up in regard to custody issues.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• wow, that sucks. Maybe she should send her DH's ex a copy of all the legal work so she knows that her ex husband was a wife beating asshole.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It's all hear se. It won't stand up in court.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It sucks but there's nothing that can be done...
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• no and who cares what the ex wife or the ex husband thinks he is a drunk and for whatever reason the ex wife couldnt be with your sis new husband .......dont let that stress her out people are always trying to down happiness.......good luck
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 9:03 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would think you can't stop the calls, but I also wouldn't think the information he is giving her is legit in a custody battle. I would think his charcacter could be ripped apart due to his past and why would they listen to an obviously bitter ex!? Sorry your sister is having to deal with this!
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 9:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• What is her new d/h like to her? Is he a bully? Does he take care of himself, at all..... if he is not standing up for her yet, and it's truly only 4 month he's known her, it's due to him only being interested with his own kids custody. It's pretty darn early for this ex to have a say in her life , as for his life , drunk, beater, who is he to talk !!

If the new man isn't putting his foot down and support her soon, it's just not her place to get involved, these people are just out for evil . Nobody evil will win , meaning her life is protected, she went through enough, and he'll get punished (( the ex, for using her ))
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:23 AM on Aug. 12, 2010