room sharing question

i have a 20 month old and having a baby in November, they have to share a room.. should i wait till baby sleeps all night before putting them in same room together?

oppsdiditagain

Asked by oppsdiditagain at 8:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's what I am going to go through in Feb. I am wondering the same but I would assume that that would be a great idea so the new baby doesn't wake the other child.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 8:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It is probably a good idea. Otherwise you are going to have the older one on a newborn schedule, and ya just might lose your mind lol Good luck!
    crzymmy5

Answer by crzymmy5 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• YES... :)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We kept our babies in a cradle in our room until they were about 4 months old. They were sleeping through the night by then, and we never had any problems with them sharing a room. It worked very well for us.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would have the room all ready for the baby with the crib and all so it's ready to go. My kids never slept through until a year, so that could happen. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:51 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Absolutely... My 6 week old son still sleeps in my room. He will soon abe able to share a room with his 10 yo sister b/c he is beginning to sleep from 11pm to 4:30 am.... We just got a little further to go b'c I dont want him to interrupt my daughters sleep at 4:30 am... When he can hold out till 5 or 5:30 we will move him
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My oldest son was 13 months when his little brother was born. The baby slept in a cradle for 1 month (he slept through the night at 2 weeks) before we moved him into the room with his brother.

Keep the baby with you till he/she sleeps through the night that way you're not up with 2 of them all night!

Good luck!!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If you want your kids to share a room you can start it out that way and see how it goes. I have a friend who had kids only 10 months apart and they shared a room from the beginning. To me it seems it would be easier to start how you want them to be. My toddler and my baby both shared a room with me and we didn't have any issues, the toddler slept in his toddler bed and baby with me and no one disturbed anyone else, except baby waking me up to nurse. ;) take it one day at a time and be flexible.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 9:19 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would wait until that time.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My oldest DD was five when my youngest was born. They would share a room. Our bedroom is right next to theirs and I'm a pretty light sleeper. I always heard the baby within a few seconds after the started fussing. My oldest never woke up or had any trouble sleeping. Now my three girls share a room. My oldest gets woken up by my third child more often then the youngest (who is now almost 19 mos).
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 12, 2010