I hate my dog...

Ive had my dog 4 yrs and just got a new cat,but to be honest-I hate my dog!!Im debating getting rid of him but in the back of my head I think would you get rid of your children this easily?Of course I wouldnt but is it fair to a dog after 4 yrs?

Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pets

• The honest answer is no, it's not fair to him, or anyone else in your family. He's apart of your family. The great thing about dogs is that they are easily trainable, even older ones. You can make him fun to have! Figure out what you don't like about him and modify his behavior. Enlist your family to help. If none of that will work, have someone else in the family who is responsible take care of him so you don't have to feel resentful in doing it. Right now thousands of dogs are being destroyed every day because people can't afford to take care of their dogs, these are loved pets that are having to be given up. If this isn't your case, please hold on to your furry family members and don't add to this issue.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 9:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Your question is, Is it fair to an animal who has bonded and come to known you and its life with your for four years.. to cast it out as if its done something wrong?
    I think you already know the answer to this question.
    FooLynRoo

Answer by FooLynRoo at 9:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Pets need love too so if you can't give it love then give it away to someone that will love him.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• if you feel this way about your dog, i guess it will be better for him to be with someone else who could love him.
    mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 9:16 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Poor dog can probably sense your hatred for him! I think it would be best to let him go to someone who will love him and treat him the way he deserves to be treated. Atleast be kind enough to be careful who you give him to. Do not give him away for free! Some people are out there just looking for free animals just so they can use them for "bait" for their fighting dogs or to sell them to a research facility that does awful things to animals.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:23 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Why do people who aren't animal lovers adopt or buy them? When you bring a dog into your family, it is a lifetime commitment. You are responsible for providing him with the highest quality of life possible and for reciprocating the loyalty and affection he shows you. And, for future reference, knowing now how callous you are about it, I hope you will think twice before bringing another pet into your home.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I hope you are not being abusive toward this poor animal. Please find it a good home w/ someone who loves dogs and DONT EVER GET ANOTHER ONE! (I dont understand how, after 4 years, you could feel this way, so it's best for you not to have pets. It's not fair to them.) If you did it for the kids, then get them a Nintendo DS game that allows them to take care of a virtual pet.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I hate my dog too. She's such a huge pain in the ass.
    valorie59

Answer by valorie59 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Dogs are very intelligent they can sense when their loved and when their not. The best thing about a dog though, it will still love you unconditionally. I f you can find a good home w/someone who really wants a dog and will love it, I'd go for it, the dog will be happier too.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If you don't love this poor pup you should find him a loving home where he will get the love he deserves and you will be at peace in your home
    madwoman41731

Answer by madwoman41731 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010