What can I do?- I'm sick

Okay so my nose is runny and congested. My head is throbbing! My ears hurt.My throat hurts. I had a nose bleed for over 45 minutes last night (dont know why). And this morning my chest is SO congested!!! I am sick! I am also 5 weeks pregnant- so the nurses are telling me only tylenol, fluid and rest.... no sudafed (I asked) nothing that can/will break this gunk up. What can I do? I put vicks on my nose to help me breath a little, any other safe suggestions?

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 9:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Health

• Try a nettypot for the nasal congestion and the headache, Some people swear by them and it's natural. Saline drops, tylenol, humidifier, vicks and time, get better soon.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Try sleeping with a humidifier. Use nose saline drops. Maybe even try Vick rub.
    I hate pregnancy and being sick. I have avoided my kids with this pregnancy when they are sick because I know there's nothing we can take...
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would suggest a saline nasal rinse to get rid of the gunk. It also soothes the sinuses. It's not a miracle cure but it does help and in my opinion you get rid of it all sooner. Any drug store should have it. Hope you feel better.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Could always try saline up the nose to get it cleared. Did they say no cough drops? They always help me with sore throats. It could be worse, I was sick like that when I went in to deliver! They actually gave me cough syrup and sudafed at the hospital :P
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 9:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• hot shower, have somebody beat on your back to loosen congestion. Rub down w/ vicks, back, chest, arm pits, neck, behind your ears, bottom of feet. Squirt some saline up your nose, drink some oj & go back to bed. later today sit in the sun for @ least 20 mins.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• AmazingPregnancy.com type in is saline drops safe to use while pregnant and you will get your anwser hotrodmomma
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• a Registered Nurse told you what to take and you want to rely on some random ladies on cafemom.i suggest tylenol for the pain\fever, fluid to help with the congestion, and rest so your body can work off this cold...now how about that :)
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• oh ya I forgot to say I am using saline drops, and as above I am using vicks. I will get my humidifier cleaned up to use...I cant immagine adding MORE humidity to this weather LOL but anything to feel better!
    hotrodmomma

Comment by hotrodmomma (original poster) at 9:26 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• @sunflower Im not asking any medication ideas.... I am asking any natural "safe" ideas- like for example, not once did the nurse recomend saline drops or a humidifier, but i would LOVE for you to tell me how those can hurt! Thank you ladies who are actually giving helpful advice! Anyhow soup also makes me fill better but i can only keep downing so much soup! once it is in it doesnt help much any more.... And I have been drinking orange juice by the gallon!!!!
    hotrodmomma

Comment by hotrodmomma (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Aug. 12, 2010