When should i start potty training my daughter?

I know shes only 15 months old but i was just wondering if theres signs of readiness i should look for?

stephanyleach

Asked by stephanyleach at 4:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its never too soon to stay i think. As long as you know its a process and it wont happen over night. The thing that will make it easier for you is...talking ( that way she can tell you she need to go or that she is wet..) But my lil girl doesnt tell me she needs to go and she is almost 18 months but i take her now and then and she will sit and go just fine so we are working on it its just hard for her to tell me when she needs to go
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 4:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Put her to bed one night without giving any fluids for two hours prior to bedtime (this means cutting out a "bedtime bottle" if you give one, but you'll want to do that anyhow to potty-train). If she wakes up first thing in the morning with a dry diaper then she's ready to train. It can be done even if she can't talk yet. My son has been potty trained for 6 months now and he's just 2 1/2. Do a google for "three day potty training" and BUY IT. Trust me.. it works if you follow it to a "T" and it is definitely worth it.
    CorgiMomma

Answer by CorgiMomma at 4:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• PT can be done very quickly if you are willing to wait until shes totally ready. That means being able to recognize when they go and can tell you, not necessarily with words. Waking up dry from a nap is another sign. There is a 3 day method and I have even seen a one day method but they require a child to be very ready and if they are, then its a done deal. I am not going to make this a long drawn out process over months and months. I am just waiting until hes ready. Hes doing well and hes going to be done before I thought. Hes 2 1/2 and because hes my fourth child, I know what to do now. WAIT!...don't get in a hurry with her. Just let her be a baby for awhile longer.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2008