WHO (World Health Organization) says swine flu pandemic is over.

This was taken from earthlink news :
GENEVA (AP) — The World Health Organization declared the swine flu pandemic officially over Tuesday, months after many national authorities started canceling vaccine orders and shutting down telephone hot lines as the disease ebbed from the headlines.

WHO Director-General Margaret Chan said the organization's emergency committee of top flu experts advised her that the pandemic had "largely run its course" and the world is no longer in phase six — the highest influenza alert level.

OK, Who else thinks that the whole thing was BS and a way for drug companies to make money during the recession? I do. We didn't get this vaccination either. So what's the next "mass hysteria media disease" going to be?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 9:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Health

• I think it was a bunch of crap personally. Not sure on the whole conspiracy thing, but I wouldn't be surprised. We didn't get this one either. Most of the people that died from h1n1 has other contributing factors, and the regular flu killed far more than h1n1. I do think it was a money making tactic. I think it's wrong to vaccinate for anything and everything that ever comes up. That's a lot of chemicals and we'll probably see the effects someday.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:23 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Agree!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Sorry, but I will not ever believe that there was some big conspiracy with the government, WHO, vaccine companies, etc. That disease might not have wiped out half the population of the planet but I'll bet the people who lost relatives would give anything for that vaccine to have existed beforehand so they would not have had to bury the people they loved. Statements like it was all hype for money are incredibly insensitive at the very least.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think it's hypocritical to say the pandemic is over when it never really developed into the pandemic they were predicting in the first place.

We did not get the vaccine, nor did we get the flu ... there are so many other (safer) ways to improve your immune system.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I agree with you too, OP.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• 4 out of the 5 of us in this house HAD the H1N1.... me and my 3 kids (aged, at the time, 5, 3, 17months). We all had it before the "vaccine" became available. we would not have gotten the vaccine anyway. I do think it was a rush job, but I don't think it was some conspiracy.

ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:06 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I totally agree. What better way to make money than to make people scared for their lives! No one in my house got the vaccine either.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I agree, maybe they did not do it for money or only for the money but I have a hard time believing in all this swine flu stuff. I feel sad for the people who do believe it. The gullible ones who believe every word the gov. and media says are in trouble in years to come.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2010