What can i do for my sons cold?

My son is 2 months old and has a cold. I know to use the nasal aspirator. But what else can i do for him????

DessaG20

Asked by DessaG20 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is all. It'll go away. Cold medicines aren't good for babies and they don't help anyways. It has to run its course.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• You can use a humidifier next to his crib. Also saline nose drops can help, especially before using the nasal aspirator. Make sure he's breastfeeding a lot (if you are). You can also get a crib wedge to prop up his mattress a little bit and make it easier to breathe. That's about it - plus lots of love, care, and holding, of course!
    Abqmomof2

Answer by Abqmomof2 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Take him it the bathroom and close the door run hot water in the shower or sink to make steam. This can help decongest him. Baby vicks helps too. It should be safe for you to use. I used it with my DD at 4 weeks to help keep her sinus' clear when she had RSV.
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 5:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2008