How s your relationships with your parents?

is it the kind you would want with your children when they become adults?

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 9:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• It used to be a rough ride but that was because I was a rebellious teenager who wanted her way, damn the consequences. I got pregnant and married at 15 because they said they weren't going to let me keep seeing my BF. Definitely up and down after that especially concerning my son.

Things have been weird since my son passed away in 2008 at 22. It's hard to explain, mostly because I can't quite put my finger on what's different, but there IS something different. Something has shifted.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• badMy Dad died in "89 and my mom is too self absorbed to notice my life or my son's.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:51 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have a great relationship with my parents
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I haven't seen my "dad" in over 4 years - I like it that way!
    My mother is here almost daily, but we still don't really get along to well... I don't trust her, she doesn't like me...

And no, I hope my children and I can have a better relationship. Which is why I don't abuse or neglect them now.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have a great relationship with my mom, but my dad was never around when I was a child so I dont think of him as a father.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have a great relationship with both my parents. I can only hope that my children will love and respect me as much as I do my parents.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:51 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I had wonderful parents and I've always been close to them.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My daddy died in 1995 (I had a WONDERFUL relationship with him.) My mom remarried in 1998 and I did not get to meet the guy or go to the wedding since my daughter was born 6 weeks prior to the wedding. He turned out to be PERFECT for my mom! That sort of strained our relationship for a little while. Now things are back to normal for which I am eternally grateful!
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 9:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I don't get along with either of my parents for one reason or another but I hope that my relationship with my kids will stay strong as they grow.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I have a very close relationship with my mom and I hope that my children will have the same type of relationship with me. My father and I are very stubborn and we are constantly bickering, and I hope that doesn't happen with our children. I want them to be close with both of us.I hate battling with my dad all the time, but he is the way he is and that won't change unfortunatly :(
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 9:57 AM on Aug. 12, 2010