What do you do when your lo isn't feeling well?

I try not to BF my Dd during the day, to get her used to daycare before I start working again, but today Dd is really whiney and clingy and I think her teeth are really hurting her. She's woken up three times just at nap today, and I have to put her back to bed because she's still sleepy.

What do you do when your lo is this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This isn't answering your questioin as it's worded, but iwonder if the question you are asking yourself is "Should I go ahead andd nurse her since she's feeling so peaked?" If you are asking yourself that question, then I think the answer is yes - not b/c that's what you "should" do or what you're "supposed" to do, but just b/c, if you are wondering that, then I think your heart is telling you to do it. I often find that if I am asking myself whether or not I should do something - especially if I'm not quite asking it out loud, explicitly - then once I figure out what to do, I look back and see that I really kind of kne wit all along. Hope that makes sense. I'm really just trying to say that you should probably listen to your heart/your gut. You know your child better than anyone else! Hang in there and I hope she feels better soon. :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:11 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• sit with her and hold her or give her a sippy with water and put her back to bed.. maybe some meds because of teething but i try not to medicate my kids unless I have to
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2010