How do I tell my BF?

I love my BF with all my heart, he is an amazing man & I am so lucky to have him. Although I realize he is not perfect, his flaws to not bother me........normally. We usually cuddle for a little bit before falling asleep. Well recently he has wanted to sleep like that, with me wrapped in his arms. While sweet, I simply can not sleep like that. It is uncomfortable to me. How do I tell him that I simply can't cuddle like that all night long- without hurting his feelings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I would just tell him that you love cuddling, but it's uncomfortable to sleep that way. I don't think anyon could sleep like that and in one position all night. Just be honest.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 10:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Just tell him. My hubby likes to sleep like that too but, just can't do it. I have to have space when I sleep.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Be honest with understanding!! When I'm sleeping sometimes my husband comes and wants to cuddle with me, I get hot and I tell him "Honey I love for you to cuddle with me, but it's hot" Sometimes he gets pouty but it works out. Honesty works best girly. Good luck!
    MamaHiD

Answer by MamaHiD at 10:30 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• just tell him you would like nothing more than to cuddle with him all night long but you have to move and wiggle too much while sleeping. Tell him you would like to continue to cuddle before sleeping and how about 5-10 min, in the morning before you get out of bed................
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My husband used to be the same way. Finally, I told him I loved him with all my heart, and loved cuddling with him, but I could not rest at all and cuddle with him at the same time. Now, we cuddle right up until we get ready to go to sleep, we cuddle while we watch tv or sit around the house too, but he knows when I am about to fall asleep, I need some space!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• well you can just tell him if you think it will hurt his feeling then just lay down for a little bit and then say you need to go use the washroom or you need a drink of water or something so by the time you come back he is already move
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You're just going to have to tell him...
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You tell him that you find his touch too exciting to ignore it and you just can't go to sleep like that. It will not only be fine. It will stroke his ego!
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 10:47 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• just be honest. my hubby likes to cuddle too... but i get hot quickly and need to move around alot. at first he was a little bothered and felt rejected, but when he was not feeling that way in other areas it was easy for him to see that it wasn't about him. just explain it's not about him, it's not about your relationship, it's simply about your need to sleep and your inability to sleep that way. tell him you'd be happy to have some cuddle time every night before you are ready to sleep.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Just tell him. We have the same issue - DH wants to cuddle all night, I get too hot and uncomfortable that way. But don't do it first thing in the morning, or when you're in bed for the night - tell him in the middle of the day - kinds of like the "don't talk about sex during sex" thing.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010