Does it annoy anyone to come in and find news articles etc instead of questions?

I just read a news article in the pets section here in the Answers area. I couldn't help but wonder if the 'asker' was simply trying to cheat the system and earn points since she didn't even ask for opinions on the article.

What are your views on this? Should that earn the same credits as people who are asking legitimate questions?

Octobersmom

Asked by Octobersmom at 10:18 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in About CafeMom

• She isn't saying she doesn't want knowledge on the topic. Answers is here for people to ask questions they need help with and get just that ANSWERS if they want to 'discuss' an article there are plenty of groups for that and all they are doing is cluttering up the answer boards.
    BrynlysMommy

Answer by BrynlysMommy at 6:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• are you actually serious?

I truly appreciate people sharing things that could be of interest to others, rather than asking "Am I pregnant" or better yet... "I got mi period last monthe but I just had sex could i be pregnante?"... at least the OP of the "question" in question was effing literate.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Haha. No, it doesn't bother me. If anything, I often learn from posts like that. And honestly, no one is going to go to all that trouble to "cheat the system" when they can ask anything and get credit for it. If you think that's "cheating", check out the Crazy for Credits section and those questions, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• The article was there to start a topic and a reason to discuss,with facts and not just gossip. I appreciate facts ....then it is more interesting to discuss. But---I also don't care about the points....never did. I don't even look at my profile or try to find out how many points I have or whether or not I have "awards".
    Its just fun to read and discuss and offer opinions or information.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• @ SAHM~ I won't even LOOK at those. omg. *shakes head* I truly do not understand the points race, ever since the change I've simply done what I always do on the boards.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think this entire credit system is stupid...I am not in high school I don't need awards....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• it does kind of annoy me but in a very minor this-is-just-me kind of way. i simply prefer to hear the voices of real mamas when i come here. i don't think it matters about the points so much, either.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• @ hill2, at least I'm not alone on that point. regardless though, you'll get them. It doesn't actually DO anything though, which sucks. Oh, wait, I found out the other day that 2 levels ago I was allowed to answer questions anon... lol, I didn't even know. Braden had a good laugh over that one.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No, I really like it. It's nice to know what others find important.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'm a "rule kind of girl" so I do get frustrated when there isn't at least a question (seeing as how that's really what this section is for). Either way, unless it's an article that REALLY sparks my interest I won't read it which is most of the time.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 11:11 AM on Aug. 12, 2010