How often does your SO...

Make you feel inadequate or purposely make you upset ?
Mine does at the minimum once a day but usually 3+ times a day....

CokietheClown

Asked by CokietheClown at 10:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• He's never done that on purpose...if he had we wouldn't be married for 37 yrs. Want me to smack him for you?
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Mine doesn't... and if he did, I don't think I'd be with him... hell with that!
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yea, mine doesn't do that, either. When a person loves someone, they want to bring that person up and make them feel special, bot bring them down.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Never.

That, by definition is emotional/psycological abuse. It is grounds for divorce, and if you are not already married, a damn good reason to leave... It in so many ways is worse than physical abuse (both of which I lived with for many, many, many years), because there is no healing from it. The wound will always be open, you may learn to cope with it, and protect it from further harm, but the wounds will always be there.

I can't tell you to leave, I can only speak for my own experiences, and tell you based on my intimate knowledge of abuse, that it will not get better.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• He used to do it and I realized I was allowing him to treat me this way. So I wanted better so I started treating myself better and now I don't care what he says.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Never.

We have respect for each other, & he knows how i hate it when someone tries to make you feel less than what you really are & it's not alloud in my home.That is no way to make a relationship work well. Men who do that use it as a method for control. they try to take your spirit & confidence away. It makes the man feel better about himself if he can try to make you feel like crap. It makes him feel like the better person, while in reality, he is just hiding his ugly self behind his insults for you.

I'm sorry you married a disrespectful asshole. Ask him if it makes him feel better about himself when he insults you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Nope! My ex did though, he was abusive in many ways, emotionally left the most scars! And that is exactly why he is my ex!
    On the flip side of the that coin, my husband now, starts every single morning by sending me a text when I am on my way to work to say, "Good morning beautiful. I love you!"
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• never

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• ha ha im with you i love him todeath but god we always have at least one agument or make eachother up set and yes some times more but we live together we dont spend a lot of time apart cause of his work i mean people fight if you were living with your friend you would stat fighting too its natural
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 10:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Never, my DH is there to support me and be my cheering section so to speak. We have disagreements but he never makes me feel bad on purpose, if he ever did he would feel bad about it. And if he were the type to make me feel inadequate on a regular basis I would no longer be with him
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2010