I still rock my 16 month old daughter to sleep at night. Some nights, if she is restless, i put her in her crib with some books, while I am still in the room and she falls asleep on her own. Any other ideas?

I don't want her to CIO ....but looking for other alternatives.

Thanks for answering!!

Asked by 2coolmama at 10:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• soothing music worked for my oldest son. classical, lullabyes and nature sounds is what I used. He loved the disney lullaby CD

Answer by tburnett1105 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My answer might be unpopular, but I say ENJOY IT! They're only that age for a short time. I LOVED rocking my daughter to sleep every night. I was so upset when she stopped wanting me to do it (at about 16 months old.) And contrary to what everyone says, it did not make her unable to sooth herself to sleep. She's 2 1/2 now and sleeps just fine. I say keep doing it until she wants you to stop. Enjoy your special quiet time together. Before you know it, it will be gone.

Answer by MitchMommyNY at 10:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2008