Do you work here?

Ever had someone approach you in the store and start asking you questions about a certain item,and realize they think you work there?!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Always, thats why I try not to wear red shirts to target nor blue shirts to wal-mart.

Once i worked at Applebees and we had to wear red shirts and one day after work, i stopped by target. Someone asked me something and I said I don't work here. She was furious saying i was lying and just because i was on break, i could have still told her where something was. i kept trying to tell her it's not that i was on break, i truly DIDN'T work there!!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i have left work and stopped at another store and had people asking me questions...apparently a name tag automatically means you work everywhere.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• YES...LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yes..i've even approached someone once. oops. i've had people come up to me and even say "i know you dont work here but do you happen to know where i can find this..i don't shop here often"...i'm usually happy to help.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Actually, just the other day a little boy walked up to me in the produce section and asked me if I knew where the corn on the cob was, lol. I tried to help him find it, but his dad walked up laughing and told him that I didn't work there.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• All the time...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• hahaha...on the flipside, sort of..i've made the mistake of 'helping' someone in two different beauty supply stores. both times, i overheard their dilemna about some color fiasco (and yes, these are by professionals..not an open-supply store!), and thought, '''well the answer is so simple, i'll just tell them and be on my way.'' WRONGO!! its never simple when you're dealing with someone who doesn't understand what they are licensed to do..and have attempted to do to a client!!
    anyhoo...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:42 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• All the time! Especially if it's some place you shop at a lot and pretty much know where everything is. I was putting something back that I'd decided not to buy when someone came up to me and asked how much something was. Clearly she had to have seen my FOUR kids and my cart right there... lol
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yes.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 12, 2010