potty training question

i am getting upset here. my son is 2 and a 1/2 and he tells me after the fact but if i ask him because i smell something a little fishy he tells me !NO! sure enough he has pooped when i can rangel him in... how do i fix this?

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 10:50 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sometimes boys need to learn this way. Letting you know after just means that he is getting close.Keep a potty always ready for him. It will not be hard once he decides he wants to go. Hang in there.
    stweshjali

Answer by stweshjali at 12:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• STOP asking. He is 2.5. He isn't going to tell you before until he is trained. So, buy him underwear. Take a week off and do nothing but train. Tell him "Let's go try to pee on the potty." Then take him and have him sit. Do this every 15 minutes until it is routine and he is going on the potty. Then, you can up it to 30. Repeat until he is either telling you or going on his own. It shouldn't take long if you are consistent and persistent.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:53 AM on Aug. 12, 2010