Do you agree with Bryan Fisher of the American Family Assoc.?

"Permits should not be granted to build even one more mosque in the United States of America, let alone the monstrosity planned for Ground Zero. This is for one simple reason: each Islamic mosque is dedicated to the overthrow of the American government."
Because of this subversive ideology, Muslims cannot claim religious freedom protections under the First Amendment. They are currently using First Amendment freedoms to make plans to destroy the First Amendment altogether. There is no such thing as freedom of religion in Islam, and it is sheer and utter folly for Americans to delude themselves into thinking otherwise...

...American Muslims are being radicalized every single day in American mosques. We are sowing the seeds of our own destruction by allowing these improvised explosive devices to be established in community after community.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I just went to that website....you need to see the topics they cover. It is disgusting and prejudiced and paranoid, to the max.
    They even attack Home Depot and Sears.....they say Home Depot hired a homosexual (oh Lordy Lordy....) but told a white Christian he had to remove a pin fron his uniform that said "In God We Trust" . They obviously are against gays, but all for preaching. The guy at Home Depot was wrong.Well of course---employees are not allowed to preach at work,right? I don't approve of people preaching THEIR religious beliefs to ME at work. I didn't read about Sears....its just too dumb.
    They are nuts!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Since Christians and Mormons have radicalized (not all but an extreme minority) does that mean we should begin to outlaw churches too?
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No, he's a tool.

I believe a national ban on the building of mosques would directly and unarguably violate the First Amendment, since houses of worship are integral to the free exercise of religious belief.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:56 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• One more reason why I stay so far away from organized religion... It's not the Muslims I need be concerned with.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:58 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• American Family Association- WOW. Hopefully not many families lap up this crap. Discrimination at its finest.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• not on a single thing, I suspect.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• OMG! That is terrible, and total prejudice at its worst!
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 10:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• And that crazy man bases his statements on what facts, exactly? What a nut-job. What's scary isn't so much that single man by himself, but the ones who are drinking every sickening drop of his kool-aid of fear. This country is getting crazier by the minute.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:15 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Sounds like a freaking nut case. I have attended mosques they do not do that. Yes a select few may however the majority does not. We are allowing our own destruction by allowing compounds and KKK churches way more so than the few mosques built on false pretenses. , Yet every body avoids those issues.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No, I don't agree that they should not be allowed to build Mosques in America. If somebody is breaking the law, that is when the government should step in.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010