has anyones baby had baby egsema? idk how to spell it sorry!

The doctor told me my son has it. what can i do to help it heal? what exactly is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Eczema. Other than that I can't help you.
    Jmum

Answer by Jmum at 4:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Use hydrocortisone 1% cream. You can get in the pharmacy area at any grocery store. basically it's just really dry skin. Sometimes it's set off by something they're allergic to, or the weather. Use unscented lotions and wipes.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 4:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My son has it BAD! LOL! Hydrocortison cream works, and try bathing every other day. also use like Aveeno sensitive skin wash instead of regular soap. And use lotion like Eucerine, something that is thick, like a cream, not like a regular lotion. Other than that, there's nothing really you can do
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My daughter has had excema since she was born. The only thing you can do is use hydrocortisone cream and use aveno soap.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My DD had it and I have it. It's mainly just annoying not painful or anything. It's not something that really heals usually it goes away when they get older my DD's did. Here is a link with some helpful tips http://www.johnsonsbaby.com/concern.do?id=11
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 5:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• One of my kids have it, we use hydrocortisone only when it gets really bad and rashy, our doctor said your not supposed to use it very often. I've tried almost every lotion I could find, when you pick out a lotion make sure there isn't any alcohol in it, it really burns their skin bad. That tub of Eucerine cream works really good, but she doesn't like it because it's so heavy it makes her feel greased. I've had good results with Virgin Olive oil and just started using Extra virgin Organic Coconut oil on her, and all I can say about it at this point is that she doesn't complain about it. I also use plain Castile soap for her baths, you find it in the health section of grocery store near Burts Bee's products.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 5:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My grandson has it horribly. His gets so bad it cracks open. The risk of secondary infection is huge if that happens. On the advise of Dermatology this is what we do. Unless he is really dirty or sweaty baths no more than every 3 days. Water drys the skin out further by removing natural oil. Twice a day we use the Aveeno lotion with the light blue cap (for sensitive skin) When he has Hot Spots we use Verdeso Foam (perscription) this stuff is a godsend for us. The top of his ear stayed broke open for almost 3 months, the Dr gave a script for the Verdeso and it was healed in 5 days or so. Also when we bathe only use Dove unscented or Aveeno. Pools, lakes and rivers make eczema worse. Ocean water soothes it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Don't uSe hydrcortizone thats not good for babies unless your DR saya too. theres lots of eczema cream thats made ofr babies. my son had it really bad for a few months i would just use the creams and he grew out of it i guesss. Jonsons lotion made his worse so we also switched to a
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• sorry he is tryin to play with the keyboard. lol, but we switched to aveeno products and that made a big differace too
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I am still struggling with my sons eczema. He has it really bad. Hes been on numerous medications and even had to go to the dermatologist. We can only bathe him about once a week. we can sponge bathe him every other day. Make sure you are using hypoallergenic lotions baby wipes shampoos... anything that makes contact with your child. We use aquaphor on him twice a day all over his body. and hydrocortisone 2.5% ((prescription)) on him. also ... you cant heal ezcema. normally it will go away as time goes on.... there is more of a chance that it will stay if there is a family history. Make sure you are washing the clothes dreft...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2008