How do I get my 4yr old ready for Pre-K?

he has always been with me at home an is not very social, says he doesnt want to go

mommyathome2416

Asked by mommyathome2416 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He really doesn't know what to expect and he is fearful of the unknown. I would tell him that he will be doing things that are fun and there are toys to play with and other children there. There is snack time, and he can make special pictures that you can put up on the refrigerator to admire.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• As a preschool teacher children often forget their worries when they get to school. Thus being said the first few days or maybe even weeks may be hard. If you drop him off make it quick dont linger. The teachers have done this before and prolonging the seperation is harder for you and your child. Also, make a fun goodbye routine. HAve a special handshake, saying, or ritual. Also, be supportive and encourage him, dont let him see that you are nervous too! :) Good luck to you two!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• tell him it is fun he will meet new people get some new friends and maybe have a really nice teacher. So he will get use to it ask if you can meet his teacher. If you don`t like her he won`t have to go to that pre-k. HE WILL PROPLEY LIKE HIS TEACHER I KNOW I LIKE MINE!
    rave78

Answer by rave78 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• He will like it once the day comes.. it will take a few days to get adjusted. Maybe pick up a book at the library about gonig to school.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 7:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Explain to him what PreK is and what will happen and how long he will be gone for.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2010