1 DD and HAPPY...

My DH and I have one 20-month-old daughter. The problem comes from my family; now that DD is nearly 2, they've started with the "time for another one!" remarks (his parents have been pretty quiet about it, thankfully). Well, there's an almost 12-year age gap between DH and I (he turned 38 in March, I'll be 27 in 6 weeks); we'd never really planned on kids. How do I get my parents/granparents/aunts to butt the f*ck out??? It doesn't matter what I say so far; they all still talk to me like I'm 10 years old and retarded.
(I must state that my mom's family is pretty churchy and think that I'm "denying blessings from god" by not having any more.)

DH and I talked about it and I'd get my tubes tied right now if I could find a doctor to do it...

Kassey713

Asked by Kassey713 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would say that you and your husband are happy with one child and if you change your mind and decide you want more then you have plenty of time to change your mind. and your the one pushing out the child and raising them and not them. Like I say when my family asks me the same thing " Are you going to push it out and carry it for me?"
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Don't pay any mind to them. You and your husband make the choices for your family and those are the only people that need to. If your family thinks you're denying blessings from God, then tell them to hop on the horse and start riding themselves. If they think that there needs to be more "Blessings from god" in the family, then they can have all the little blessings they want. Don't ever let someone outside your marriage decide what you should do. Ever.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You have to do what you and your husband want. Your family will get the point eventually :o)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Sorry the above post is me - I accidently clicked on the anon box!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 11:04 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Just flat out tell them that is up to you and your husband to decide how many kids you have, and if you are happy with the one you have, then fine. Tell them it is not open for discussion, it is your life!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 12, 2010