Is there a cure for not being able to sleep during your third trimester?

since i have started my third trimester i havent been able to sleep at all at night. is there anyway i can help this problem or did anyone else have this problem?

milliehaller

Asked by milliehaller at 11:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Pillow between the knees. Otherwise - no. :) Good luck. You're almost done!
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 11:06 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I took 1-2 tylonel PM before bed. It helped with the aches and pains I was having and helped me get to sleep. Tylonel PM won't hurt the baby. It is perfectly safe to take. It is actually what my doctor suggested.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 11:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• my dr told me to take benedryl. also a warm bath can help. warm milk, chamomile tea. I think I spent the last month sleeping in the recliner though LOL it was just more comfortable.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Pillows are your friend. I found that sleeping on my side and placing a pillow between my knees helped make me more comfortable so that I could sleep. You're still probably going to wake up several times a night, and it will get worse as the baby gets bigger.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I was always in the bathroom.... OMG< I remember not sleeping it was not pretty for the father that is...

My man rocked me to bed every night, that was the only way.... After that he did it for another 7 years, lol, I couldn't sleep without him doing it...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Positioning the pillows just right is essential since the baby is growing the most in the third trimester which makes it extremely uncomfortable.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Ive tried tyanole 2 before bed helps with the pains but doesnt knock me out lol. the pilow that doesnt work anymore i wish it did. but the pain has been getting unbareable i just want this to be done. no one says how complicated preganancy can be. but thanks for everyones advice so far
    milliehaller

Comment by milliehaller (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i was in middle of moving (health reasons) do you drink tea? i used a combo, i would take one bag of tension tamer and one bag of sleepytime and put them together. and it is very safe for baby. it relaxes you and you are sleep in no time.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i will try the tea and yes another issue is peeing every 5 mins it seems like the bathroom is my new best friend
    milliehaller

Comment by milliehaller (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• tylenol pm, or 1 benedryl helped me, my doctor actually suggested it, and 1000 pillows strategically placed.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:16 AM on Aug. 12, 2010