Crib to bed

What age did your toddler transistion from the crib to bed? When my son moves it will be to a twin size bed with a saftly edge thing. He is 23 months old, is not trying to escape or anything, but in April I will behaving another baby and will need the crib. Thanks for any advice!

crazy4u49033

Asked by crazy4u49033 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my oldest was about the age. she loved it. she had more room.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My daughter is almost 23 months old and is still co-sleeping ( she doesnt have her own room right now, bc family is living with us) so when she does get her own room , i will be getting her a twin or full size bed . good luck with your transition.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My girls were about 3 when they went into a toddler bed and they loved being big girls. My son was one of those that climbed everything and when he was 8 months he kept falling out of his crib and getting hurt in the middle of the night. So we put a mattress on the floor just after he turned one. I do not recommend this for everyone. Just worked out for us.
    stweshjali

Answer by stweshjali at 12:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My son's the same age, and we're thinking about it too. I think as long as they can safely get out of bed, it's safe. Just be prepared for him to get out of bed!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My first switched from crib to toddler bed when he climbed out for the first time @ 18 months and from toddler bed to twin at about 2. My 2nd switched to a toddler bed at 16 months and is getting a twin bed this weekend (he's 19 months old today) I've read that if they are switching because of a new baby needing the crib that you should switch them at least 6 months before the baby is due to arrive. Something about it being easier to make one change at a time and giving them enough time to adjust to one thing before adding another.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 3:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2010