Do 16 month old babies get pimple? like a real pimple? That you can pop?

my son is 16 months old and he has a pimple "pimple" on his butt... like one that looks like you can pop it not just a milk pimple or like baby acne... and its big.. can they get pimple like that or could it be something different?

CodysMommy07

Asked by CodysMommy07 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just let it be and when u see the doc tell em bout it if it is still there
    Anonymous

• oh my gosh i would so try to get whats in there out, do it after he has a nice warm bath. because my son is 10 months old and he gets this abseses(SP) on his butt. if its red all around it and looks ready to blow. push on it some. I have to do this with my son, because they can get infected really bad. My sons doctor said to get all the puss out until i see blood, and then 24hours later, check it again cuz more puss normally builds back up. and if it doesnt heal up within a week, i would call the doctor and have it checked out to make sure it aint infected. and dont put anything on it. just let it dry out. good luck, my son screamed as if someone was killing him, but it had to be done...poor guy
    mybabychunk

Answer by mybabychunk at 5:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Never pop a pimple on a child it can cause scaring. Just make sure to wash the area well and leave it alone
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 5:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• It may be a boil ask the Dr.
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 5:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• DO NOT pop it! This happened to my cousins baby & she popped it & they ended up in the ER she MRSA (which little ones can get from popping them). She had to have a really strong antibiotic (it was one they give to people poisoned with anthrax).
    amandac24

Answer by amandac24 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• they do get pimples like that. zeke had one on his butt.
    momandstepmom

Answer by momandstepmom at 8:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• no pop the pimple
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• don't pop the pimple. that does lead to infection.
    momandstepmom

Answer by momandstepmom at 12:43 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• if you dont get whats in there out, it is gonna get infected. and you are going to have bigger problems the longer you let it build up. what a bunch of idiots
    Anonymous

• Anonymous, if you do pop it it could be abcess (sp) which can lead to MRSA an infection that CAN be DEADLY if you don't get to the ER right away. I know this b/c it happened to my cousins baby she popped it then when her hubby got home she told him. He said NEVER, NEVER, NEVER pop a pimple on a baby (just let it do it's own thing) he is a Dr & works at the local hospital (so I think he would know what he's talking about). Her baby was in the hospital for a week b/c of this & they had to do surgery & cut part of her chin off. Pimples will eventualy pop on it's own (I've never popped on of my DD's & she never got sick b/c of it). So don't call us idiots on here when we seem to know what we are talking about!! B/c more people said to not pop than said to pop it.
    amandac24

Answer by amandac24 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 10, 2008