Help! My computer flat lined!!! and I need to buy another one but don't have the money for it so I will be getting it on credit. What is an inexpensive, half descent affordable computer?

I'm not computer savy, I need to be able to do minimal things on it. What kind would you suggest and about how much do you think it will cost?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 11:12 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Emachines at bestbuy are the cheaper line and ours has lasted 6 years, much better than my hp laptop. I highly recommend them. HP= frequent breakdowns and you better get the extended warranty. Mine was a bit of a lemon, and has had everything replaced on it, my mil had 2desktop HPs and they've both died on her, and my sil too. THumbs down.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:14 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i sudject going to second store. they have to prove it works. and you might pay around 50.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If you aren't producing presentations or typing term papers, you can get away with a net book. Why don't you just fix the one you have? What broke? Best buy is currently giving 18months same as cash and you can pick up a new desktop for as low as $398.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I was told mine was the actual electrical, possible power surge? and that it probably wouldn't be worth fixing?

So another question i'm going to post is: what is a refurbished computer?
    QandA

Comment by QandA (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010