i want to cry!

I can't do it anymore, i've tried spanking saying no time outs all of it, at my OB visit today my 2 yr old started to just FREAK out screaming back arching snot flying hitting pinching shrieking and NOTHING i did calmed her down, its so embarrassing, and i couldn't just up and leave! She is wearing me down makes me want to cry, and having everyone stare at me at the dr. between the hormones im dealing with w/o her and her having such major fits i dont know what to do anymore, and I cant figure out why she acts out like this, and wonders if i should contact her pediatrician? maybe its something more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how are her language skills?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It may be her diet. Eliminate artificial dyes, flavorings and the like.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• not to bad she knows about 25-30 words and about 5 sentences
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• LOL...I meant to ask about her language also. If she doesn't talk well, try baby sign language with her.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:28 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would definitely contact the her ped. dr.
    Ladybatez

Answer by Ladybatez at 11:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• you know my son was and is the same way he is 21/2 now he is such a good boy i love him he still throws fits at the doctors i think he is scared their but he stopped throwing fits every where else hun i know its hard some babies are harder my son has a delay and i think that may be why he was having so many tatrums if you think somethink more is wrong youare proably right it will get better tho just be strong and talk you will feel better when you talk about it! good luck!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 11:33 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• tantrums at that age are ususally related to one of a few things.

being out and about when a) hungry b) overtired c) combo of both

being frustrtated and not having the language skills to express themselves
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• talk to her doc i agree
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• my 2 yo boy can be a handful too. i agree you should not take them out near meal time or nap time. so usually that means between 9am and 11am? between 2pm and 4pm?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yes, I would talk to her doctor. This way you can rule out anything serious and then focus on other issues like hunger, tiredness, wanting attention, ect.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010