Do men like "good girls"? Need a little encouragement please!!

Because that's what I am! I don't smoke, I don't drink, my kids come first, I make good decisions and I don't sleep around. I'm coming out of a long, (10 years) loveless, (for the past 2 years) marriage and I am so much stronger for it and ready to date and get on with my life. I am so happy to be out of the situation I've been in and I'm not looking back.

I am who I am and if they don't love me for me, I move on. Worried that I won't find happiness again though because men will view me as "damaged" and because I have two young children. I am a strong, independent woman and I am ready!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Overall and in the long run YES.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:29 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Boys like bad girls, Men like good girls.

They'll "play with" the bad girls, but they'll take the good girls home to Mom!
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 11:35 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yep - they do like good girls.... men like to play with bad girls when they're single - but when men start looking to settle down, they love good girls. (at least that's what I've learned). You sound a lot like what I was like after my 19 year marriage ended. I had no interest in men, partying was out (I was too busy working) - and in all my "being good-ness" I ended up meeting the love of my life, THE guy for me; he changed my life, he made me wanna be a better person, and he loves me in a way that words can't even describe. So being good brought about a better relationship than I even hoped for (even though I wasn't looking for a relationship and didn't care if I had or found a man at all).
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 11:37 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I personally think men like good girls with a slight bad side. I know my DH likes "good girls" he really hates easy, partier type chicks. But at the same time, he likes a woman who can sit with him at a bar, or drink with him while watching football or at a baseball game. He likes a woman who can stand up for herself & others, he likes a woman who can stay out & dance all night at concerts. He likes that i am a goody girl, but in the bedroom...a baaad girl. He likes that i can keep up with him when he likes to go out & have fun, he likes that i enjoy a good dirty joke sometimes, he LOVES it when i swear if i am feeling extremely opinionated...he thinks it's cute...lol.

Yeah, i think a good girl who can be bad SOMETIMES is what most guys like.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:39 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• BTW I've been with THE guy for 4 years now - married to him for 3... and I feel more loved every day. I'm happy. And it all came from being true to who I was and not compromising my standards. Being "good" brought about it's own reward and I can tell you, honestly, there's no need to second-guess yourself. Sounds like you are finally being true to yourself - nothing but good can come from that.
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 11:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• After my divorce, I had 3 kids - one with special needs and never expected to find a man that would be willing to take that on (and figured if I did he would come with his own baggage). I drink only on rare occasions, don't smoke, don't sleep around and attend church regularly. I now am happily married to a man who had never been married, never had kids and is absolutely wonderful! It will happen when you least expect it - don't change to be what you think someone else might want, you would never be happy. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 11:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• " A lady on the streets and a freak in the sheets" is what I've heard...LOL! Good Luck to you Mama!!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 11:46 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

DITTO THIS! This is exactly what my husband told me, lol. Hang in there honey, everything happens for a reason and the right man will find you when the timing is right. You always find them as soon as you stop looking.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• "This is exactly what my husband told me, lol. Hang in there honey, everything happens for a reason and the right man will find you when the timing is right. You always find them as soon as you stop looking."

I agree totally! The right man just hasn't found you yet. He will.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• REAL MEN love good girls. You'll be fine.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010