When do you start Christmas shopping?

KamiB79

Asked by KamiB79 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• december 26
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'm always Christmas shopping. Looking for the right gift for that special someone. And always picking up things here and there.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I shop all year long, as I see things that I know people would really like. This allows me to take my time and find some good bargains.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 11:34 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I also am on the lookout throughout the year. But as far as really starting my Christmas shopping, I would say the beginning of November. I have found that is when a lot of things go on sale as many stores are trying to make room for Christmas stuff. Look for when the stores start displaying Christmas decorations and you should find sales in all the departments.
    Synderbelle

Answer by Synderbelle at 11:39 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• right after christmas and throughout the year
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 11:39 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• same here...as soon as the after Christmas sales and throughout the year...but I still seem to have to do last minute shopping...go figure!
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I am going to be starting around nov. this year. Bills are just adding up right now so we have to take care of those first. We usually just get the kids 4 presents each, 2 toys and 2 things they need(clothes, shoes etc) and then when taxes come back we get them something a litte more special.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I also start right after Christmas, and shop all year for the next Christmas!! Summer is my favorite time to Christmas shop, and I start making the gifts I'll be making in January.

I live in Los Angeles, so I want to avoid the traffic at the mall and other stores during the holidays. My goal is to have everything purchased or made by Halloween, and wrapped by Thanksgiving......I don't always make it, but I'm usually pretty close!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I don't have an official time that I start shopping. I've bought Christmas gifts as early as August before. Usually I start picking up things in October & November. I always go shopping on Black Friday too. Because I can't afford to buy everything at once, I continue to pick up things in December too. I like to save a little shopping for then anyway because it gets me in the Christmas spirit. I just made my first Christmas purchase this past week. I found a good deal on a couple of stocking stuffers in the clearance aisle at Walmart so I got them & put them in the closet. There are certain items that I wait to purchase every year because I know that they will be on sale closer to Christmas.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 12:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would like to start now, but just don't have the time or money. We have been talking about what we want to get the kids. I start about the end of October and then on Black friday is my big shopping day. The girls can go to Daycare and I go out all day. Then I always of a couple things to pick up before christmas. I can't wait. I love the holidays
    Trinitysmom1205

Answer by Trinitysmom1205 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 12, 2010