24 weeks pregnant...very sore abdomen?

I am 24 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Last night when I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom I noticed that my abdomen from my belly button down was extremely sore. The pain reminds me of pain you would get from working out, doing sit-ups or stomach crunches but I haven't done anything like that. My abdomen is sensitive to touch too and when I get up to move around I can barely stand up straight. I don't know if this is just my uterus stretching or something more serious and if the pain doesn't ease up soon I will be calling my doctor. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

pinkie8986

Asked by pinkie8986 at 11:36 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm 25 weeks pregnant and experience it off and on. My doctor said it's normal as long as it's bearable and there's no bleeding or other complications. It's just everything stretching...you'll also get really crampy & it kind of feels the same if you're dehydrated
    mishmashmom

Answer by mishmashmom at 5:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• welcome to round ligament pain
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Could be something like a UTI also...just call your ob.
    kwest_1

Answer by kwest_1 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yeah i did...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It could be many different things, so i'd play it on the safe side and call your Dr. it could just be things stretching out, but who knows... hope you get feeling better
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 7:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Thank you ladies. My doctor said that she believes it is just round ligament pain and that if anything changes or there is any complications they will bring me in. I just wanted to thank all of you for your responses.
    pinkie8986

Comment by pinkie8986 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2010