Has anyone tried to remove mold with baking soda? If on the floor, after sprinkiling and waiting a while do you vacuum it up? TIA!

Cleaning, mold, vacuuming, baking soda

summerbabe

Asked by summerbabe at 11:43 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Sprinkling mold with baking soda will not kill it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:48 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I don't think I'd vacuum it, You don't want mold in your vacuum. I would clean it up by hand, if it's on the carpet, I'd brush it and sweep it possibly use a damp rag.....before I vacuumed, if it's on a hard floor, I'd try sweeping it up, then if necessary, scrub it.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:49 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Baking soda doesn't kill mold. To kill mold and mildrew you need to use a 10% bleach mixture or you could use tea tree oil.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Thank you for all the answers. I just read several articles about baking soda killing mold and thought I'd try this. Now I have to research some other methods based on the anwers above, however, still wondering why so much is out there saying that it does kill mold ??? Really baffled. Thanks.
    summerbabe

Comment by summerbabe (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Aug. 12, 2010