How long did you wait between kids?

I'm just curious how far apart people planned their kids. My DH and I have a beautiful little girl who's almost 11 months. I went off BC last month but we aren't actively trying...yet. (we would be if it was my choice). If you haven't had your second yet how far apart do you want your kids?

Calleighsmommy2

Asked by Calleighsmommy2 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids are 10 years apart--to the month
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• my 1st and 2nd are 14 months apart and my 2nd and 3rd will be 12 months apart. Its challenging but well worth it<3
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:54 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• im on my third pregnancy and the i have had my kids 18 months apart perfectly i dont know how but we did!our two boy are the best of friends and i just love how close they are! good luck
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 11:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My oldest two are 12 months apart exactly to the day, my second and third are about 13 months apart. We didn't plan that spacing per-say, but it's not a big deal, every one of our children is a blessing regardless of their spacing =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My first two are a week short of 15 months apart and #2 and #3 are two years and two weeks apart. None of them were planned that way. #1 was an opps as was #2. #3 we were trying for, but got pregnant too early. I wanted a summer baby, which would make #2 about 2 1/2, but he ended up being born in Feb. instead.

Personally, I love having them all very close in age. It is tough while they're young, but my two oldest are best friends. :)
    Mommaof32010

Answer by Mommaof32010 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We have 3 boys. It was 7 years between the 1st & 2nd. Not by choice, I was told I couldn't have anymore, and it just happened at that point. I got pregnant when my 2nd son was 15 months old with the 3rd, so they are 2 years apart, and I didn't plan that either, I didn't think it would be so easy to get pregnant again!! It all worked out well though.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It took us over three years to conceive our first, so when he was a year and a half or so we started trying for our second, not thinking in a million years we would get pregnant on the first try. DS and DD are 2 years and 27 days apart...LOL! We thought they would be 3+ years apart, but I like this spacing just fine...wouldn't change it for anything. They are best friends!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 11:55 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• lol my daughter just turned 19 years old and i am due to have a baby in november...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 12, 2010

• mine will be 23 months apart
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 12:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My daughter is 20 months and I am 32 weeks pregant with my 2nd lol. So my first will be 22 months when her sister is born, we started trying when my daughter was 14 months. We got lucky we got pregnant that first month of trying lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2010