Would you be okay with sharp professional culinary knives left within 2 inches from the kitchen ledges or left askew on cutting boards with a infant/toddler at home?

I feel like the supreme nag every time I tell my fiance to move them. I've had it. Would you relate or do you think its over the top?

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 12:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's absolutely dangerous to have sharp objects, ESPECIALLY knives within the reach of children! My boys are just now tall enough to be reaching stuff on kitchen counters and I have to be super careful where I set knives/scissors down so that they are FAR from the edge where my boys can't reach them.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Not at all.
    C_Kight

Answer by C_Kight at 12:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It is really dangerous. My df used to leave them close, and sometimes still does, but he realizes now that our dd can reach the countertops quite well, and has been able to for a long time. Just espress this to him and double check to make sure they are out of reach
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No I don't think you are overreacting, and honestly if he cannot understand the danger that poses to your children, then perhaps you guys need to sit down and have a real long heart to heart.
    carsonsmommy

Answer by carsonsmommy at 12:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My DH does the same thing and I'm constantly walking behind him in the kitchen cleaning up or yelling at him for it. You are NOT overreacting.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 12:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• im with u momma
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You're totally right! Why chance it, right? Stand your ground, mama!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If your toddler can reach them, then no, you're not being over the top. If you're toddler can't reach them, keep reminding him how your child soon will be able to and that children don't know they can be injured with a knife.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• oh NO!!! i feel the same way but idc. id rather feel like a nag than have my daughter accidently knock one over on herself. i live with other people and they have all heard me say it. =] so ur not alone. =]
    mommy2b0805

Answer by mommy2b0805 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010