Why do my husband's parents always plan things with my infant/toddler (10 months) at about 8 pm when his bedtime routine is from 7 - 8:30?

This is crap! Sorry to vent, but why? They don't even tell me, or ask me, I'm just told people are here and they are going to meet the baby. Last night I said no but had some people come watch while I gave him a bath. Total crap that I'm not involved. These guests are still in the neighborhood this morning too. They could have easily come to visit this morning. Is this a power play or is it just ignorant/a sign of not giving a *&^%.

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 12:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not giving a shit. I wouldn't let them in. If they cannot learn to be considerate, they don't need to come over!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Ignorance. Tell them that he is your child is this is the way you are going to raise him, if they have a problem then thats on them not you.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We had the same problem with my inlaws, finally I told them they are not to plan anything after 7:30 pm on any day, if they feel they need to they have to ok it with us before hand, I have stuck to my guns and flat out told them NO on the occasions they have not listened. Sit them down down and explain why you need to have this rule then stick to it.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 12:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would sit down with them and have a long talk telling them that NO ONE sees the baby after 7pm. Also you must call me 2 days before so I know when and how is coming by or they will not be able to come and stick with it. Do not let them push you in to it when your not wanting visits from anyone. Set your rules and STICK with them. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Yea, thanks everyone. Great advice! I think since I've had this #$%^ happen 3x in the past week, then that is the new rule. Unfortunately, long talks don't really work for whatever reason. I'm just going to relay the message to Matt and if the in-laws do decide to talk to me or bring up the issue then that will be the entrance to talking about it. Thanks!
    preggoandfat

Comment by preggoandfat (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• YOur husband should talk to his parents.
    jet360

Answer by jet360 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010