8 weeks preg & already have lost 5 pounds!

Is this ok? I havent really been eating a lot of bad stuff, just like veggies, fruits, cereal, and yourgurt, I have pretty bad morning sickness so that could be the reason right?

bmdred

Asked by bmdred at 12:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• fo sho. i lost nearly 10 lbs before i got my vomiting and nausea under control. it is totally normal to loose weight in ur first trimester. just be careful to not loose so much that you hurt yourself. stay hydrated and eat small meals. or well continue - you sound like you know what you are doing lol =D good luck! 2nd trimester is way better! - i am 17 weeks and i am gaining allll my weight back now hahahahahaha *dies* lo
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I always lost weight during the first trimester. Everything I ate made me sick, so it seemed normal to me to lose some pounds.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It is perfectly normal to lose weight in the first trimester especially if you have morning sickness. Don't stress over it, you will start to gain the weight soon, then wonder why you ever thought about it. :)
    Congratulations on the new baby!
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 12:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It's okay. I lost almost 20 pounds being pregnant with my daughter, and only ended up gaining 11 of it back.
    Mommaof32010

Answer by Mommaof32010 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i lost 20lbs in the first few months of my pregnancy it was sooo awesome it was coming off and i wasnt sick or anything..but guess what by the end i had put it all back on plus more!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I lost weight in the first trimester as well and I didn't gain any weight at all until I was nearly 18 weeks pregnant. I am 28 weeks pregnant and I have only gained 11 pounds. Not only does it depend on how much morning sickness you have had but also what your diet consists of. Prior to getting pregnant, I didn't drink water, didn't eat many fruits and vegetables, ate mostly fried foods, and ate a lot of sweets but now that I am pregnant I have replaced Cokes with water, fried foods with grilled or baked foods, unhealthy snacks with vegetables and so while the baby is getting what he needs I am not gaining an extreme amount of weight yet. Make sure you try to stay hydrated and that you find some form of vitamin supplement (prenatals are pretty difficult to stomach during morning sickness).
    LevisWife8587

Answer by LevisWife8587 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• dont worry about it i lost so much weight at the beginning that im 7 months preggo now and barley reaching my pre pregnancy weight again lol your fine dont sweat it once the ms is over you will be gaining weight like u cant imagine lol Good Luck
    TXGRL2010

Answer by TXGRL2010 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yeah...i lost weigh in the beginin 2...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yeah that's pretty normal... don't worry baby is fine even if you feel like crap :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Baby will get what it needs from you stored up nutrients... However that depletes your supply. You will start gaining weight after you get thru the 1st trimester. I lost 30 lbs my first pregnancy. It really put a toll on my teeth. Just try to keep down your vitamins and drink plenty of fluid.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 7:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010