What is a good routine for a 7 month old?

Like feeding, napping, bed time etc.

Once I get a good thing going with my son he doesn't like to do it anymore! PLEASE HELP! lol

sweetbeb05

Asked by sweetbeb05 at 12:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Things change all the time! But the little boy I take care of is up playing for about 1.5 to 2 hours, usually shows signs of getting tired then, and I put him down for a nap. He takes two naps while I am with him. He has his bottle of breast milk around noon. His mom nurses him in the morning and then as soon as she gets home from work (or as soon as he wakes from his afternoon nap). She always leaves extra milk in case I need it. What time this all takes place depends on when he wakes in the morning. It varies some, but the routine is always the same for me right now. Playtime between naps, 2 naps, and bottle around noon. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• At that age, my kids would wake up about 7 or 7:30. Have a bottle (can't remember oz...maybe 6 or 7oz.) and we would try some cereal mixed with fruit. Take a nap from 8:30 or 9 until about 10. Have another bottle. We'd do "lunch" about 11 (fruit and veggie). Another bottle at 12. Then another nap at 12:30 to about 2:30 or 3. Then a bottle. Snack at 4. Another bottle around 6 with fruit and veggie dinner. Then last bottle was around 7:30. Bedtime at 8.

Hope that helps some. We always did bottles before solids. At that time, I believe it was the stage 1 foods. We did bathtime around 7 on the nights we did baths.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Feed when hungry, sleep when tired. Following baby's lead always worked best for me!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• He is with me at all times except when I got to class twice a week from 6-9. It is hard to not have a schedule because of that, well and because he is at work with me from 7-6 mon-fri, so I need to figure out something, because I am going crazy! lol He was sleeping well during the night, but the past couple of nights he has been up all night long, I think he is getting some new teeth in, but we will see in a few days I suppose! :]

Thanks for the answers!
    sweetbeb05

Comment by sweetbeb05 (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• oh and my son will NOT take a bottle! So I am pretty much the only one that can feed him, unless he eats baby food, which I give him after I nurse usually.
    sweetbeb05

Comment by sweetbeb05 (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• give me some idea of what he does while your working. I would say he is up my 6-6;30 so you have time to feed him and get him dressed. I'm sure he takes a nap by 19am then eats again when wakes up. I have a friend that feeds every 4 hours. Trys real hard not to change it. She has naps at a certain time also. She has been doing this since he was born. He is now 8 months, she has a almost 5 yr. a 7yr old and a 9 yrs she home schools plus her hubby is a pastor so they are very busy. I would say bed time should be about 7-8 because I'm sure you feed him b4 you leave so he should be full and happy. I would say it work the best for me any ways.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I usually feed him in the morning about 5:30 because we are out the door by 6:30 and then I try my best not to feed him till 10:30-11:30 just depends, because I am trying to get him to go longer between feedings, plus I give him 2 jars of babyfood 3 times a day so he should be full... right? But he hasn't been wanting to nap, usually he would take a nap about 9-9:30, then another one about 2ish... but recently it has been a struggle to get him down for one!
    sweetbeb05

Comment by sweetbeb05 (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2010