Silly question re: loaf pans (question inside!)

I am making banana bread and meatloaf today. Both my loaf pans are 1 1/2 quarts but one is a little wider and one is a little higher.

Would it be better to put one thing in a certain pan? I'm not sure if I put the banana bread in the wider loaf if it will come out the same as if I put it in the one that is higher.

I'm thinking about putting the meatloaf in the higher one because I won't have to spread it out as much.

But what are your thoughts? Does this even make sense to you?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 12:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Well the banana bread will rise to some degree and you want that to have enough space for it to bake properly. The most the meatloaf will do is shrink slightly so however you shape it will basically be how it comes out after cooking it.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I would put the meatloaf in the wider pan. That way it cooks quicker without getting as brown or crusty on the outside.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I say meatloaf in wider and bread in higher. My banana bread always rises a LOT.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It doesn't matter which size you use, just make sure that the center is cooked completely.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:24 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• What are the pans made out of? I would cook the bread in a metal loaf pan and the meatloaf in a glass loaf pan. :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I agree that the bread would maybe do better in the taller pan then the meatloaf would.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Doesn't matter.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 12:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I made them both in glass pans with the recommendations above... meatloaf in wide and banana bread in high. I am VERY glad too because that bread DID rise!!! I have had the banana bread yet but the meatloaf turned out great! Thanks ladies for your input.

WoodWitch, I'm curious why you recommended a metal pan for the bread? Is there a secret I don't know about? =)
    firenicecream

Comment by firenicecream (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010