Will Power

A minister had just finished giving a lecture on marriage at the local community center when he was approached by three couples. Impressed by his presentation, the couples asked if they could join his church. “Are you married?” the minister inquired of them. Each couple assured him that they were, and again, asked if they could become members of his congregation. “Well, I am impressed by your sincerity.” the minister responded. “But I need to know that you are serious about your commitment to spiritual discipline. So to prove this, you must pass a test.”
“We’ll do anything,” all three insisted. “
“All right,” he explained, “then here is your test: You must practice abstinence from marital intimacy for three weeks.” The couples agreed, and left, promising to return at the end of that time.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Haha! Cute:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:36 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• laughing

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• LMAO!! thats funny!!!
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Three weeks later, the three couples met the minister in his study at the church. “I’m glad to see you again,” the minister began. Turning to the first couple, he asked, “Well, how did you two do?”
    “We’ve been married for almost thirty years.” the husband answers. “So it was no problem.”
    “Splendid!” exclaimed the minister. “Welcome to my Church.” Then he turned towards the second couple, and asked them had they done the test. “Well I must admit, it wasn’t easy.” explained the wife. “You see, we’ve only been married for five years, so we were tempted, but we didn’t give in, and I’m happy to say we lasted the whole three weeks.”
    “Good for you!” the minister responded with a smile. “Welcome to my church.” The minister then turned towards the third couple, who were newlyweds. “And you?” he asked gently. “How did you do with the test?”
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• “We’ll pastor, I can’t lie to you,” the husband began. “We were doing fine until this morning right after breakfast, when my wife bent over to pick up a box of cereal she’d dropped on the floor. We both reached down to pick it up at the same time, and our hands touched. Suddenly, we were overcome with passion that we gave in to our desires right then and there.”
    “I appreciate your honesty,” the minister said to the couple. “But you did fail the test, and I’m afraid I just can’t let you into my church.”
    “That’s okay, pastor,” the man answered. “We aren’t allowed back in the supermarket anymore either.”

Barbara De Angelis, Ph. D.
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010