How old is too old to date?(for me)

I REALLY like this guy I know from a previous job. We are good 'friends'. We've hung out and gone on a few dates but my family keeps saying he is too old for me.

I'm 24 and he is 34. I really like him and he likes me.

He loves hanging out with my kid and I like hanging out with his DD's. The 5 of us hang out together a lot too. Everyone gets along.

Is 10yrs(almost to the day) too much of an age differance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• if this man makes you happy...then enjoy you're self. You're family will come around. And if they don't...too bad. Go Be happy Momma
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 12:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• DH and I are 8 years apart and have been married for 6 years
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Age shouldnt matter as long as you like each other
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My Dad is 18 years older than my Mom, they've been married 23 years now.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If you were still in school I would say that's a big difference.

Go for it...I can only see an issue at retirement age (if even then).

SO and I are 6 years apart.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I'm in a relationship with my boyfriend and we are 8 years apart. Age really is just a number. If you have common intrest and both seem to be into each other, then go for it : )
    GrahamsMommy524

Answer by GrahamsMommy524 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Age doesn't matter as long as you get along. My SO is 8 years older than me. I have always dated older men, they are more on the same mental level with me.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• No I don't think 10yrs it too much age difference. It's just dating. You're already friends and enjoy each others company.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 12:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• At 24, dating a man 10 years older than you is no big deal. If you like him, tell them to mind their own business.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It's really less about age and more about maturity. If you didn't have kids and were say, straight out of grad school, no job yet, living with mom & dad, never been on your own, etc etc, I could *imagine* that you'd be significantly less emotionally mature and I would question the judgment of a 35YO man who felt you were on the same level. Not that I think it's impossible for a 24YO to be mature--it's just that I've BEEN 24. And while I certainly had my shit together in my early 20's, I have grown an awful lot in the 10 years since.

I personally wouldn't fret about the age. I'd listen to my family's concerns--maybe ask them a little more--like what EXACT behaviors or characteristics are you concerned about? It's it JUST about age, I'd say, "I appreciate your concern. I'll take it into consideration and if I want to talk about it more, I'll let you know." IE: thanks, now drop it.

BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 1:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010