Arguing with a 2 year old..

I have a bossy 2 yr old daughter who is always fighting to get her way! Its worse when we are around her grandparents and her daddy.. when we are home alone with just her and i and the baby. shes a good girl and obedient but when we are around her "Favorites" she is another person. What can I do to get control of her around her papa grandma and daddy???

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• consistant rules and discipline
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I think that would be a very difficult thing to do unless you can get her "favorites" on board with you. If they don't see the need to be more disciplining you probably won't have much luck changing things. Sounds like you are doing great with her at home though, and you should pride yourself in that. GL :)
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 12:32 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I don't argue. She gets told once and if she back-talks, she gets time out. You can't argue and win. They don't rationalize that way.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• ill bump 4 ya and good luck
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i tell them to deal with my son bc they get in the way of me parenting. they will say things so he's fine, he's just being a toddler but when he smacks them in the face it's their job to take care of that crap. i obviously can't control them when they are around so i don't even try.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Do they spoil her and let her do what she wants? If they do, you'll never win this battle. Everyone has to be on the same page as far as what your child is and is not allowed to do or how she is allowed to act.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• First off please remember if you call her a "good girl" she will think she is a "bad girl when she misbehaves and you are not pleased with her behavior. Please only address her behavior. eg: good job....good listening ears.....talking back to mommie is bad behavior. My daughter started a 2 no rule with her daughter when she was small. Her daughter, 12 now, is allowed to ask her something twice if the answer is no both times" and she asks a third time, she has to suffer the consequences. If the child is in your charge then she must follow your rules. Her dad and you have to be in agreement with how to handle situations before they occur. Other people will just have to deal whether they agree or not. I sit with my grandsons. They are much better behaved with me. They know my rules do not change. Their parents waffle and suffer. The children know if they whine enough with them they will get what they want...good luck
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010