I am going through peri-menopause/menopause -- having hot flashes, depression, anxiety attacks, and probably the worst is not beibg able to sleep. I do not like taking drugs. I have tried black cohosh and I think I have become immune to it. Anyone have any suggestions?

JoyfulMom113

Asked by JoyfulMom113 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Health

• I turned my mother on this, she buys the 10inOne and loves it. Might be worth looking at.

http://www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 6:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I can tell you what I do that helps me...maybe it can help you too. I take Omega-3 which is not only great for the heart but can help with mood fluctuations and hot flashes. A B-complex vitamin is can help with irritability and depression. Chamomile tea is very helpful for sleep, I drink it on a fairly regular basis.

Some other things that are helpful are getting some form of exercise and just being outside in the fresh air. I tell you it can really change your outlook on things and alleviate that feeling of stress and depression. To help reduce hot flashes you should also dress in lightweight, breathable fabrics and avoid eating spicy foods.

You may want to find a naturopath in your area too...they'll be able to offer some possibilites as far as other forms of natural treatments. I know it can be tough to deal with but try some of these things and see if they help. I wish you all the best.
    Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 8:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008