Baby with seperation anxiety???

I have a 7 mos old baby who is constantly crying after me. Wanting to be held, carried, and litterally wants me to always be near her. I try placing her at my feet while i work, put her in a stroller beside me, and a highchair next to me while i cook. But she will still cry till i lay down or sit and hold her. Once my hubby decided to have a night out and grandparents watch her but 20 mins later they call and tell us to pick her up cuz shes unbearable. Even when I am cleaning I place her in a walker and walk past her to let her know mommys around and is busy but she will continue to cry. She dont even want her dad to hold her. Is this seperation anxiety? How can we get pass this, so we are both happy? (I have a court date coming up and children arent allowed so need help asap!) thanks

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wear her in a wrap. When at court, have someone else wear her in one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Shes a big girl and a pretty heavy baby.. She weighs 35 lbs and is pretty tall to even fit in a wrap.
    navajomama7

Comment by navajomama7 (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Ok..a carrier then.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• You should be able to carry her in a non-stretch wrap even if she's large or mei tai or similar carrier no problem. Babies are hard wired to be held, she's normal. All babies go through this. The best remedy is more holding; the more you fight it the more it escalates. It won't last forever. carrying is the best thing. Others can carry her too and that may help

FYI,you may not know, walkers are dangerous and put too much pressure on the wrong areas of the hips. They are banned in many countries including canada. Knowing that be sure the carrier you choose does not dangle baby at the crotch, it should allow baby to splay theie legs and bend their knees in a proper hold (the way their legs naturally are in a hip carry)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Wow she is a big baby!!!! I would find a way to carry her as much as she needs also I would still try getting her to play with toys and other things so you can have a break. Try doing the cleaning ,work so on while she is napping. She is so big maybe something is wrong and crying is her only way of telling you. wow 35lbs at 7 months how much did she weigh at birth. Caring her around a lot could hurt your back. I would say start walking out of the room making sure she can see you and tell her mommy will be right back. Start with a few seconds and work up till several minutes at a time. Then go to a room where she can not see you and do the same thing. It may take a while but she should start getting better at not being held. I would have a friend take her for short walks with out you so when you go to court she will be find with the friend or family for a few minutes.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It is normal. It will not last forever, but her emotional development {heathy or not } will last her a lifetime. This is just one of the many things we mothers just have to suck up. You will be unable to nurture her through this everytime. Do the best you can. An emotionally health child will be the result. Do as you are doing. Seperate within sight for a while. Gradually get out of sight for a few minutes at the time. She will grow out of it faster that way. Play lots of peek-a boo. Children learn when their parents disappear they will return with this seemly childish game.. Good luck.
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Uh..dang. My son was 4 before he weighed 35lbs. So...I don't even know.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2010