What would you want your child(ren) to experience that you havent?

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Disneyland!!! lol....im serious ;)
    Grayshuss

Answer by Grayshuss at 12:42 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i like your question so i bumped it...but i can't think of anything except finishing college..but i hope to one day do that.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I want them to be successful and not have to experience the financial issues that we have. I tell them all the time that going to college and having a good job is important!
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 1:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Travel outside of the US, explore the US. I want them to be able to go to college IF they want to. I want them to be able to just live everyday to the fullest from the very first day. I never want them to feel like what they have done isn't enough. I feel like that everyday, because I haven't lived a life even close to what I wanted/want to.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• See more of the country, travel outside the U.S. if feasible, push themselves to become successful, go to graduate school or beyond, have more discipline in their teen years (I didn't and it backfired on my parents big time)!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

•  I was a very sheltered/neglected child. I want my Son Son to have a childhood and the freedoms/material things/experiences I didn't have - which is exactly what my Husband and I are giving Him.

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 1:25 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Family vactions. We never did any growing up. Other than driving to visit out of state family members, we went no where. And when we did go visit out of state family, it was miserable experiences. No pee breaks but every four hours, weren't allowed to run or play at stops (had to be back in the car in under 5 minutes or in big trouble), and when the kids just had to sit inside quietly so the grown ups could visit. :P so while we haven't done a true family vacation with our kids (only 4 and 18 months) we something fun out of town at least once a month and when we do go visit out of state family, we make it as fun as possible with silly road side attactions and visiting local kid friendly places where ever we are. I had to laugh at at the first response because taking hte kids to disney is very high on our list of things we want to do with them.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• a job they love, travelling, success and confidence in themselves
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:34 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Unconditional love
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I had my first son at 19 and I feel that I missed out on the going-away-to-college-campus experience. Attending community college just wasn't the same. So for my boys I would love for them to take advantage of being young and get the full college experience.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010