How often do you clean your carpet?

I was just wondering how often you moms cleaned your carpet or had it cleaned professionally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I clean mine about once a month, maybe less.
    MelaniesMama

Answer by MelaniesMama at 12:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• my carpet get vacumed 3xs a week and my so works in red clay everyday so we try to clean the carpet monthly, however our carpet was nasty when we moved in and every now and then the staples come up. (we are trying to get it replaced) i personally would do my research on carpet cleaners and buy the one you like best, but before you use it the first time have a pro come out and do the whole house so you know what your carpet should look like and how they do it to give you and idea of what to do.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 1:12 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I vacuum it almost daily. It REALLY needs a good shampooing though. stubborn spots wont go away with just spot spray. shampooing sounds pricey though....
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:22 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We do all the deep cleaning and laundry on the week-ends.Haven't cleaned the carpet,and it really needs a spot cleaning.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:37 PM on Aug. 12, 2010