what would you say if your bestfriend wanted to be the god-mother of ur child but ur really not sure. How would you deal with it?

she is real nice but i cant see her taking of my child. I was jus going to tell her she could be a aunt lol

keepingfaith831

Asked by keepingfaith831 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Just don't invite her to the baptism... :) If she finds out you already had it be like 'oops, i sent you an invite'
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• @ littlestar too funny but i would feel so bad lol
    keepingfaith831

Comment by keepingfaith831 (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• tell her your dh has already decided on the godparents. (relatives or something)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Shay thats what i was thinkin but she so stuck on it like girl only if u knew lol
    keepingfaith831

Comment by keepingfaith831 (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I didn't choose "God Parents". Not only for the reason that I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I have three sisters and two parents that I feel very safe with taking care of my children. They get my children if anything should happen, so I didn't choose god parents, because I didn't want to single anyone out.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:10 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Do you have someone else in mind? Here's what I would do: 1). decide who the godparents will be 2). until you're ready to confront your friend, when she brings it up politely brush it off so as not to lead her on 3). once you're ready, sit your friend down and explain to her the reasons why you chose the ones you did, obviously without telling her you didn't think she could care for your child because that would be hurtful. Let her down easy. Tell her you care about her alot and you care about your friendship alot and you hope this doesn't change anything and she will always be a special person in your child's life regardless.

I find the best policy with friends is always honesty. If she can't understand your reasoning and doesn't respect your decisions, she might not be a friend you want anyways! Best of luck.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Blame it on hubby! That's what I do when a friend makes a request that I do not want to follow through with. Tell her she will always be Aunt Whatever but the other title is taken.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010