• In the Spotlight:

What do you do when you know you have a problem but you can't stop it?

Fast food is my issue. I know it's way unhealthy. And I'm way overweight and super broke. But I just keep eating it. Every time I go I convince myself I need it. And if I don't get it consumes my thoughts. I seriously don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Health

• Why do you feel you need it? How do you convince yourself that you need something that is detrimental to your health?

If you want to get rid of your compulsion. First you have to figure out why you have it, why you developed it to begin with.

There is a reason why you are drawn to it, feel the need for it, and even actively convince yourself that you need it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

it is addictive. there are products in fast food, especially meat that are just ..if not more..addictive than caffine. You just have to have the will power to tell yourself no. Start by cutting back slowly. you can do it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:05 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Seriously, this is an issue of maturity. Grow up and start taking care of yourself. You deserve to live a long, healthy life, and the people who love you deserve to have you around for a good, long time.

Start with simple changes, one a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat a half pound of non-starchy vegetables every day.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• yeah instead of spending the money make healthier home cooked meals go walking & once in a while go out to eat you can do it be strong
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I was the same way, but I just decided to start making the things that I can get at fast food joints at home and now I rarely go to a fast food unless I am out running errands and won't have time to make dinner at home. I also have lost weight by doing this.
    cindy3511

Answer by cindy3511 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• cindy3511- I would love some ideas!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010