what should i do

I have a big overeating problem. I love food, and sometimes when I start to eat, it takes a lot for me to stip even though I am full. I cant help but to get seconds too. I dont want to be like this anymore!!! Any ideas on how to stop?

No bashing please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• eat to live, don't live to eat

bring down your portions, and eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day. instead of getting seconds, wait 1-2 hours and eat again.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• They have groups for this, its called overeaters annoynomous or something like that. You are not alone.
    Grayshuss

Answer by Grayshuss at 1:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• For me. I just had to actively decide that I wanted to and needed to stop. I used to be such a compulsive eater (and 100lbs heavier). I was one of those people, that if I had a bag of chips, I couldn't eat some, I would sit and eat them all. Even if I was feeling sick, my stomach hurt from being to full, I would still eat. And that was with anything not just chips, I just used them as one example.

I was slowly killing myself. I had to figure out why I was doing. And then make the decision to stop. I had to actively work to stop, I had to force myself to stop. I had to watch what I bought to have in the house. When having a meal, I actually used a smaller plate than my husband or son, so that I could only put so much on a plate. I quit cooking huge amounts of food, and started cooking smaller meals, then I would make sure they guys got their's first, so there would be less for me to take.

Cont.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Much less have enough leftover for seconds.

It wasn't easy. The first few months, were hell for me.I wanted to eat. I wanted to eat so many things. My compulsion was strong.. LOL

But I stuck with it. And in the long run. Those first few weeks months of adjustment were infinitely worth it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Make less food when you cook. You can't eat seconds if there aren't any.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 1:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I love food and I have this same problem too. I actually wear a garment that helps me with portion control and lose weight at the same time without sweating. It re-trains my body and makes me feel fuller faster...even when I don't wear it. There are reasons why I continue to overeat...like emotionally and because I REALLY LOVE that type of food, but at least I can manage it with the garment from time to time. =)
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 9:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• what is the garment?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• read about "the zone"
    if you eat your macronutrients in a specific ratio, it will fill you up and balance your hormones.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:57 PM on Aug. 13, 2010