Would you let your SO name your child?

my SO wants to name our child (ttc #1) if its a boy after him, which isnt bad except his middle name lol and for a girl Aaliyah which i dont mind but seems like i dont have too much say.

keepingfaith831

Asked by keepingfaith831 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Baby Names

• HELL NO!!! We are 50/50 or I am naming. He Didn't make and carry the baby alone. I carried it and had help making. Therefore, we share or I do it all.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If i liked it, would let him. If i hates his choice, then NO WAY!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• nope. I told hime him that when he could grow it and birth it and nurse, then he could name it.

We choose our names together.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• lol u r so right... lets see what he says when i say that.lol
    keepingfaith831

Comment by keepingfaith831 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Honestly it is better for you both to choose a name. Pick a couple you really like and present them to him. You could also pick a middle name, if he is so head strong on the first name...
    Grayshuss

Answer by Grayshuss at 12:59 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I remember when hubs and I were trying to think of names for our kids.... it was hard to come up with names we both liked and would agree to especially on boy names. If you can't come up with names you both like, could you come up with a compromise-- like 1 of you pick the 1st name, the other pick the middle?
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I thought we could use his 1st name and his bestfriends middle name
    keepingfaith831

Comment by keepingfaith831 (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My husband and I agreed on the names of our daughters. I will admit that he gave me a little bit more choosing power, but I didn't keep any name on the list that he didn't like also. Couples should compromise and find names they both love. It's not like there's not enough names out there to choose from. Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My ex husband picked out the first names of our two children and I picked out the rest. The names their dad picked are not bad.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 1:02 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• MizLee thats how i feel
    keepingfaith831

Comment by keepingfaith831 (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2010