Training the 2 yr old...HOW??

How do you train / teach a loud, noisy, high energy, strong willed 2 yr old who enjoys screaming to be quiet and behaved during long, Necessary phone calls?

If it is possible, how long should it take? I'm willing to do fake phone calls to practice with her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• practice! do a fake phone call and shoosh her and tell her "mama is on the phone!". give her the phone and see if she shooshes you (maybe talk loud or be dstractive), or shoosh her and say "*her name* is on the phone!".
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• What you really need to teach her is that when you tell her anything, she is to obey your authority and be obedient. It's not so much about specific behaviors as it is developing a general attitude of submission to your authority in her life. We spanked and it worked very well for us. If you choose to do it, you only tell her once what you want. She either obeys or you discipline immediately. If that means you have to put the phone down to take care of it, then that's what you do. There's no way of knowing how long it could take, and even after you think you've one the battle, she will test you yet again. Training children is pretty much about a 20-year commitment, but the results are very rewarding. And the bonus is that you will actually enjoy having your children around.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i agree with owl feather in giving her a fake phone and when she gets on it to make a call get loud and act like her even follow her around doing it. It worked for my oldest when she did that stuff to me, what ever she did i did back but only after i tried talking to her about it first. at first she thought it was funny but after a while she did not like it. i have even used it with other things like talking during movies (i did it at home and quit taking her to the theaters), i would talk during her tv time, my fav is when she wants me to do something when i am busy doing house work or tending to the baby, i have her do things for me when i know she is in her room watching a movie or doing homework or when she is playing something good.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 1:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• hahhahahaah its funny my 2yr old does the same when no1 calls she wont bugg me but as soon as some1 calls shes like who is it and if she identifies the person she would be like HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII GMAAAAAAAAAA or HIIII DADDDDDDYYYY and im like OMG seriously so when they wanna talk to her she would shssss my ass and say b quiet lol kids are funny
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 7:05 AM on Aug. 13, 2010