im on the depo shot because my grandmother whom i live with does not want me to get pregnant however me and my boyfriend do, what will help?

im living with my grandmother who has me on the depo shot to aviod pregnancy however me and my boyfriend want to have a baby what are some of the best ways to get pregnant while on depo, or in general what are easy and effective ways to help me have a healthy child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• skip a shot
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 1:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Until you can support yourself and GET YOUR OWN PLACE, I think you need to keep your legs closed.

You really want your grandma to have to support not just you but a baby too? That's mature
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• What you do is move out and get your own place, then get off the shot, then you can get pregnant when you can afford to have a baby on your own.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 1:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• well I'd have to say - to ensure a HEALTHY child - do not TRY to have a baby while on ANY form of birth control. Medicines designed to STOP a pregnancy can harm a fetus.
    Might I ask how old you are that your grandmother can make you take a medicine?

So step 1 - move out
    step 2 - stop taking the Depo
    KatieBellsMom

Answer by KatieBellsMom at 1:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• no babies till you can afford to live on your own...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Okay, First thing... If you can't afford to live on your own, you shouldn't be ttc... Babies cost money and it shouldn't be up to your grandmother to foot the bill...

Second thing... It shouldn't be up to anyone but YOU whether or not you are on BC. There are dangers and health concerns in addition to the obvious reasons to consider and no one but you should be making those choices...

Seems to me, no matter how you flip this issue, you need to worry about getting out on your own BEFORE you start worrying about a child.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:18 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Get a job, both of you.
    Save money.
    Get married.
    Move out.
    Then worry about it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• If you want to play house... pay for the house.

Get a job and move out of Granny's house.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It's not really safe to get pregnant on the shot I am sure. The best, very best thing to do before havinga child is to get on your feet financially because children are very expensive and lots of work. After you do this, get off of the shot for a while and thoroughly think about the long term and life time comittment of having a child. I advise getting your education first..so that you have a backup career plan long term because there is no predicting whether or not you and your child's father is going to be around forever..whether it be you seperate or death. This is coming from someone who can say that I wish that I had personally gotten a career going first..would have made things much easier.
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 1:21 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• How old are you? Are you living with Grandma and she's supporting you or are you contributing by paying rent and buying groceries? Where does your boyfriend live, on his own or with parents? Why do you want to have a child now?

I agree that you need to get out on your own, paying rent, utilities, buying groceries and then see if you can afford to have a baby. If you have a child you need to be able to support them, it's your responsibility, not your grandmas. If you are adult enough to want to have a child, then you need to adult enough to live on your own and make your own decisions. I mean how is grandma making you have the depo shot? If you are 18+ then she can't "make" you do it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2010