petite pregnant women??

how did you deal with other people telling you , you were too small or that you looked too thin? im naturally thin and i lost a lot of weight at the beginning so i am now 7 months pregoo, healthy but at 107 lbs can anyone else relate?

TXGRL2010

Asked by TXGRL2010 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• People need to mind their own business. Just say "I'm fine, don't worry about me". It will surely shut them up. LOL!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:28 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• as long as you are healthy and baby is growing at the rate s/he should be, then don't listen to them.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• As long as your babies size is OK, you should be fine. BUT, Dr.'s say that with all the extra blood & water in your system, plus the baby growing in your belly, that you should have gained about 25 lbs alone & that is not including any fat one might gain. So, when people see you so small....they worry something is wrong with the baby. Or that maybe, you don't eat enough. How tall are you? And do you eat regularly, take vitamins & do you go to the Dr. regularly? If the Dr. says the baby is fine, then just tell them so. Tell them you actually have a normal baby in there regardless how small you look.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:31 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• op..don't listen to people! if you're doctor isn't scolding you and the baby's growth is on schedule, fuhgetaboutem!

i can't relate,per se, as i have always been 'spongebob squarepants'. i was almost 7mos along when people who didn't know i was pregnant FINALLY noticed! lol!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:39 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• *your* doctor...lol!
    dullscissors

• I didnt really gain any weight with my girls. I started out at 115 and I think I got up to 120-125, maybe, with my first one. But as soon as I had the baby I gained a lot of weight. All my children were just fine. My Doctor was worried about my though since I am anemic. I just had to take Iron pills after I had my children. As long as the baby is gaining weight he/she should be gaining and growing the way they should, everything should be fine.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• thanks guys and yes i take vitamins eat healthy Dr. has no concerns baby is growning like he is supposed to i just deal with a lot of negative comments from other moms and in general people
    TXGRL2010

Comment by TXGRL2010 (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I am petite! when i got pregnant with my daugther i was so tiny! I weighed 92 pds whe i delivered her i was 112pds. Now after alot of stuff happened in 6 years i have gained so much weight; i am morbally obese by my dr! But i was tiny with my daughter! I told ppl who made comments about me being to thin is NOTHING!!! i ignored them! LOL
    liltinymommy

Answer by liltinymommy at 2:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i was a whale by the time i hit 5 months...but for the 1st trimester you couldnt tell i was prego...i still have my belly ring in...lol...people gonna say dumb things to you anyway...just brush it off and keep movin...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:09 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• That happened to me, too. I'm naturally petite and so is my mother, so it's genetic, but people tried to get me to eat because they felt like I wasn't eating enough. Well, I was. I gained 26 lbs and that was all I wanted to gain and it's in the healthy range. I would get comments like, "you look good, considering..."
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 12, 2010